Tuesday 12 July 2011

Arriving in Berlin

During the third year of university, me and a few friends thought it would be appropriate to take some time out of our studies to search for some inspiration and get us ready for our final year! Me, Becky Doherty, Russell Hopkins and James Lane booked the unusual city of Berlin for five nights. A spontaneous decision which I will not regret!








First introduction to Berlin- Graffiti Lift


After arriving, I didn’t believe I was in Germany until seeing this lift. I found it typical of Berlin, covered in graffiti, unattractive scuff marks and posters, yet still in fully working order! It was the only way to get off the train platform with our suitcases and it was the most untrusting lift I have seen.
The whole of Berlin is run down and yet built up at the same time, I felt that this lift symbolized the way Berlin is and how the City works. It is what I liked so much about the place, people are able to express themselves whilst carrying on with their everyday lives. It made me take a step back whereas Germans would use it without a thought.  


No comments:

Post a Comment