Tuesday 12 July 2011

Reichstag




The Reichstag is Germany’s famous parliament building. Its architectural Design by Norman Foster, who also designed “The Gherkin” in London, is fantastic conceptually and visually. The public are able to visit the building and go up into the dome, from the dome you can see down onto the parliament floor. This is so that when parliament are discussing they can look up into the dome and see who they are making decisions for - the general public. 
Inside the dome there are hundreds of mirrors, reflecting onto other people and also to the outside view of Berlin. We visited the Reichstag at night, the outside view was fantastic. I loved taking photographs and just thought it was beautifully designed, I took so many photographs in this building of the structure and of the reflections and patterns which the mirrors created. I also loved the idea of being able to see into the parliament room. I saw the similarity between Graphics and Architecture, I used to think that as long as a building worked it was fine. But this made me see that having a solid idea is just as important as it is to a Graphic Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment