Thursday 14 July 2011

Owt Creative




Today I received Owt issue 7 through the post! A great zine which runs along the theme of Science. I submitted some work and was lucky enough to be chosen! This is the first time I have featured in anything and I love the feeling (Hence me buying three out of excitement!!). If you haven't seen any of Owt's work before I suggest you take a look at the website, keep an eye on what themes are up and coming and submit like I did!  http://www.owtcreative.com/








The typeface I submitted was my Chaos Typeface which I designed in my final year of Uni. I created this in response to the chaos theory.

The letters were taken through a number of minute changes which would over time create a significant difference. The Chaos theory suggests that the minor mistakes in our world can multiply over time and create life changing outcomes. Below are the transformations I took these letters through. A very small difference, but you can see how it develops and transforms after repeating the process a number of times.

Rotated anti clockwise by 1mm
Increased in size by 1mm
Moved up 1mm







Its nice to see fellow D&ADers in Owt also! Chris Heap on the first page and Lauren Atkinson!





No comments:

Post a Comment